YMCA Whittlesea is a passionate organisation that delivers support, services and programs that are truly person centred. We empower people with a disability by providing them opportunities to participate in a variety of inclusive and innovative programs of their choice. We enhance socialisation, self-development, independence, self-esteem and motivation which enable everyone to live to their full potential. We provide the foundation for people to help them achieve their goals and empower them to lead dignified lives.
At the YMCA we aim to:
- Empower people with a disability to access a large spectrum of inclusive and innovative programs, allowing them to exercise preferred choice and contribute to the ongoing development of the program
- Continue to employ a high quality, experienced and innovative team that are invested in the delivery of excellent support and advocacy for people with a disability
- Extend and broaden community education, leisure options and expectations of people with a disability to ensure everyone has equal opportunity
- Ensure people with a disability receive an inclusive and innovative service of the highest quality which fosters a person centred philosophy
- Be leaders in the disability sector, as an organisation that engages in the community and listens to the needs of participants.
- We will be proactive in seeking and implementing new opportunities whilst maintaining a culture of continuous development and improvement.
Our staff have a minimum qualification of Certificate 3 (equivalent/higher) in Disability or relevant sector. we provide a variety of training to suit our participants needs. Our staff are committed to supporting participants to achieve their goals, gain confidence and create social networks with peers.