The Whittlesea Swim Centre is a seasonal outdoor pool located in the heart of the Whittlesea Township open from 1 November - 31 March each year. Having undergone two small refurbishments in the past two years the centre is the place to be in the summer months.
Pool Lifeguards at the Whittlesea Swim Centre take on a much greater responsibility than simply supervising water space. As well as identifying potential risk factors & taking steps to reduce those risks, lifeguards will act as positive role models to all patrons and staff. As a pool lifeguard you will take ownership of your shift each and every time you step out onto pool deck.
As a pool lifeguard some of the tasks you will be required to do include:
- Supervise patrons in and around the aquatic area
- Set and pack up the aquatic area for various water activities
- Implement emergency/first aid/resuscitation procedures as required
- Ensure customers are adhering to centre rules and policies
- Perform a range of cleaning and maintenance duties
- Act as the Area Warden during an emergency
YMCA Whittlesea is a fast growing YMCA Association therefore for the right people, with the right attitude and the drive to succeed, are encouraged and will be supported to create opportunities that will see them grow with the organisation.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
• A national criminal history check;
• An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
• Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws;
• Three reference checks;
• Checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
RE3 as per YMCA Staff Agreement - YMCA
Whittlesea Swim Centre
50 Walnut Street Whittlesea VIC 3757
Sunday 17 November 2019
Successful lifeguards will be able to provide the highest level of supervision whilst maintaining a fun and safe environment for all.
Staff must be:
- Available to work a variety of shifts on a rotating roster including early mornings, throughout the day and weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday)
- Willing to work and help out at various events held at the Whittlesea Swim Centre
- Previous lifeguard experience is preferred but not essential
- Be available for the entire outdoor pool season: 1 November 2019 - 31 March 2020
• Clear and confident communication skills
• Ability to take clear direction and lead by example
• Proven skills as a strong and valuable team player
The successful applicants will hold the following current qualifications;
• Current Employee Working With Children Check
• Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
• Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
• Current CPR (HLTID001)
• Pool Lifeguard Certificate (SISSS00078)
To apply: Forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by the due date.