Disability Services Leader
YMCA Whittlesea is seeking people who have a passion for empowering and supporting people with a disability.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of programs, and we can offer flexible hours including evening and weekend work. All roles will attract casual loading, and certain programs will also offer extra penalty rates.
Working for YMCA Whittlesea includes benefits such as being part of a reputable profit-for-purpose, free access to our gym and pool facilities and the convenience of working locally.
We have various positions available which involve assisting and supporting people with a range of different disabilities and support needs. These positions include;
• Personal care
• Domestic duties
• 1:1 Home and Community access
• Living skills
• Group social & recreational programs (centre and community based)
• Weekend camps to various locations
For more detailed information, please see the attached position descriptions.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework..
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
• A national criminal history check;
• An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
• Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws;
• Three reference checks;
• Checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme;
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
TO APPLY; email your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and specify which position/s you may be interested in to Carla.firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date of 25 November, 2019.
Please note that due to the extended period for applications, some interviews may take place before this date.
HC1-2, SCE1-3, CA2B,3B,CA7
YMCA Whittlesea Disability Services
Suite 25, First Floor, 797 Plenty Road VIC 3752
Monday 25 November 2019
• Experience in Disability Services Sector is preferred, however not necessary.
• Understanding of Disability Services Guidelines
• Passionate about providing care to meet individual participants needs.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and calmly under pressure.
• Effective communication skills
• Access to a smart phone to comply with organizational timesheet requirements.
The successful applicants will hold the following current qualifications;
• Current Employee Working With Children Check
• Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
• Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HTLAID003)
• Current CPR (minimum HLTAID001)
Highly desirable (these can attract different rates);
• Certificate III in Community Services (or equivalent)
• Certificate IV in Community Services (or equivalent)
• Diploma in Community Services (or equivalent)